- Take your retainer out when eating, and always put it back in its case. The retainer should only be in your mouth or in the case. Anywhere, else will increase the probability of losing the retainer. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- Dogs and Cats especially love chewing through retainers so if you have any pets make sure they stay far away from your retainers.
- Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors so make sure that you brush and clean your retainers every day.
- Initially, you may find it strange to speak with your retainer in your mouth. You will get used to it very quickly so do not stop wearing it!
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!